Head of Financial Reporting
Company client is recruiting a Head of Financial Reporting for a leading asset manager based in the City of London. My client is looking for a an experienced financial professional to lead its Financial Reporting team. The main responsibility of the role is to manage the accounting teams of the Group function for my client.
* External financial reporting: ownership of the Group half-year and year-end financial statements and preparation of the finance sections of the Annual Report, as well as being a key point of contact for the external auditors and ensuring the facilitation of the Group external audit.
* Internal reporting: review of complex or high-value Group journal entries and outputs (including the Board pack), as well as acquisition-specific areas. Work closely with the Group reporting team to monitor and improve month on month financial information.
* Play a lead role in the production of financial documents required for any transactions
* Oversight of the financial accounting function as a whole, including identifying and driving projects, process improvements and efficiencies, and coaching/development of staff.
* Technical accounting, including: ensuring the Group financial statements are in compliance with requirements, preparation of the judgemental accounting items and reporting papers for consideration by the Audit and Risk Committee, technical oversight of the global statutory financial statements, writing technical memos/papers, acquisition accounting, advising and documentation/effectiveness testing of the Group's hedge accounting, and training of the finance team in technical or other areas as appropriate.
* Effective team leadership: demonstrate leadership in business as usual
* Assist or lead ad-hoc projects as required
* Accounting and experience: ACA qualification or similar, with a minimum of 5 years PQE. A background in a Big-4 accounting services firm would be advantageous. Strong technical knowledge of financial accounting under IFRS and UK GAAP.
* Industry: Asset manager experience preferred
* IT Skills: Must be computer literate with strong excel skills, have some experience with general ledger systems and have the ability to learn new systems. Experience with Workday Financials would be advantageous.
* Analytical skills: Strong analytical and communication skills, with a keen attention to detail
* Regulatory: Experience or knowledge of the FCA regulatory rules
* Risk awareness and financial controls: Understanding of controls and processes, with an ability to critically evaluate them and escalate issues as appropriate
This is an excellent opening to join a positive team environment with a collaborative approach. You will have a high level of exposure to senior management and interaction with various teams across the business, as well as work closely with the Group Financial Controller and CFO. There are also fantastic opportunities for development and career progression within the firm.
Financial Accountant, Financial Services, Asset Management, IFRS, UK GAAP, FCA, Financial Reporting, ACA, ACCA, CIMA