Data Governance Officer - Banking
City of London
Up to £100,000 per annum
An experienced Data Governance Officer / Manager is urgently required for an interesting, new role working for a leading Investment Banking organisation based in the City of London. This Data Governance Officer / Manager will see the successful candidate lead and manage all organisation-wide data governance activities, with the accountability for generally improving the overall quality and privacy / protection of all information assets and sensitive data. As the Data Governance Officer / Manager, you will also be heavily involved in the design, development, implementation and embedding of a universal data governance framework and will also ensure adherence to all policies, practices and standards across the business. This Data Governance Officer / Manager role will suit a seasoned Data Governance professional who has previous experience of building a Data Governance practice in a multi-national organisation with extensive data records.
Data Governance Officer / Manager Requirements
* Extensive experience in Data Governance in a large, complex, multi-national organisation
* Experience of establishing a Data Governance framework across a business
* Experience of implementing a roadmap for Data Governance including strategic responsibilities for the development of information-based capabilities
* Demonstrable experience of working in a senior management or transformational leadership role
* Strong knowledge of Data Governance practices and approaches related to data protection
* Knowledge of regulatory requirements to the UK and the EU for Data Governance
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
* Ability to manage senior relationships across the business
* Experience of coaching and mentoring more junior members of staff
Keywords: Data, Governance, Officer, Quality, Protection, Management, Transformation, Change, Experience.