We have a fantastic opportunity for a driven and reliable Chef to join our growing catering business. We are an independent business supplying wholesale and undertaking private catering in Newport and surrounding areas.
Working as part of our team, you will be responsible for running an independent kitchen producing lunches, dinners as well as catering for events & functions for up to 150 people at a time.
Your responsibilities will include -
- The day to day running of the kitchen, working with the front of house team to ensure high standards are met.
- Prepping, producing, and plating a variety of meals, dedicating time to ensure the consistency and quality of food produced.
- Ordering and controlling stock levels/
- Ensuring all hygiene and health and safety standards and regulations are met and maintained.
Our future Chef will have -
- A good work ethic- be hard working, a fast learner & committed at all times.
- The ability to run the kitchen with a pro-active and positive attitude.
- Strong Leadership skills and the ability to motivate.
- The ability to work under pressure whilst providing consistent quality of food.
- Be able to work independently and use their initiative.
The minimum of a Food Hygiene NVQ Level 3, along with knowledge of maintaining a clean, tidy, safe, and hygienic environment.
This is a full-time position.
We are looking for a person who can be flexible with shift patterns to meet the needs of the kitchen and work additional hours when needed.
Salary will be dependant on experience.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining why you are suitable for the role.