£50000 - £55000 per annum
The Business Analyst (BA) will be responsible for gathering and understanding the business needs with some overseas travel on a client site in relation to a defined set of enhancements. The BA will then ensure that the requirements are accurately documented and manage the sign off process of these with the client. The BA will be working across a range of enhancements both simple and complex. A key part of the role will be to manage scope with the client.
The BA will then ensure that the requirements are accurately documented and manage the sign off process of these with the client. The BA will be working across a range of enhancements both simple and complex. A key part of the role will be to manage scope with the client.
Specifically, the successful candidate should meet the following:
* Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, task and workflow analysis.
* Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into details, abstract up from low level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
* Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artefacts as needed: Project Request Form, Business Requirements Document and Use cases.
* Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
* Work independently with users to define concepts and under directions of project managers.
* Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates using natural language. When complete run requirement walkthroughs with the client and gathered feedback and amend as necessary.
* Relevant experience of successfully undertaking the business analysis role ideally within the pensions industry
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Knowledge of a range of project and system delivery methodologies.
* Knowledge or experience with various process improvement methodologies.
* Ability to work individually or collaborate as part of a team.
* Flexible and "can do" approach.
* Strong organisational abilities and flexibility to work in a performance driven environment managing multiple project priorities.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executive, managers and subject matter experts.
* The ability to manage the scope and push back where necessary.